Conventional LoansProviding Loans to Minority Businesses in the City of Miami
Conventional loans are available from $10,000 to $50,000. Loans up to $100,000 are available under special circumstances.
Here is what some of the loan recipients had to say about the effects of receiving a loan through the MBF:
The loan from the MBF gave Miami Smokers the ability to go from start-up to reality.Andres Barrientos
The MBF gave me cash flow to expand my dreams.Mariana Cortez
Nothing gets easier when you get a loan. On the contrary, it is a major responsibility. However, the MBF helps you understand the importance of prioritizing the key elements of your company. Understanding the priorities what allowed me to strategize differently. It was when I went through the process of this loan that I realized it. Hopefully my plan is on the right path to take Sugar Yummy Mama to the next level.Giselle Pinto
The funds from the MBF helped us grow key elements of our business including hiring new staff and expanding our sales.Elizabeth Karwowski
Please review the following to be considered for a loan:
- Minority ownership (see loan application);
- Domiciled in the City of Miami, as stated in the organization’s occupational license. (To verify that you fit this criteria, please click here to view a map of the City of Miami and its boundaries);
- If a start-up (under one year), owners must put up a 20% cash match;
- Owners must be United States Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents;
- The organization must be a for profit corporation. No sole proprietorships;
- The organization must demonstrate that the loan will aid in the creation of new jobs;
- The purpose of the loan: working capital, cash flow, inventory, and equipment.
If you are interested in applying for such a loan, you must download an application from the link provided below.
Before downloading the necessary paperwork to begin the loan application process, please be aware of some important details:
- Data can be entered directly onto the PDF form; however it CANNOT be saved. Please print once completed. The document will NOT save completed data to your computer and/or device.
- In addition to the completed 12 page-form, the application requires multiple supplementary documents. Please review the application checklist on page 1 before submitting the application to MBF.
- Be sure to carefully review all your answers before submitting. MBF reserves the right to deny the loan application if any answers are untrue or inaccurate.
- Submit your form in person to MBF’s offices, located at 25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240, Miami, FL 33131. Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact (305) 379-7070 or email[email protected].
To download the application, please fill out the following information:
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to download the application, please provide accurate information on the form below.
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of the City of Miami.