MicroloansProviding Loans to Minority Businesses in the City of Miami
Microloans are available from $2,500 to $10,000.
Here is what some of the loan recipients had to say about the effects of receiving a loan through the MBF:
The loan we received from MBF is going to improve our painting business tremendously with purchasing new equipment and other large expenses.James Coleman
The loan from MBF helped me grow my business. I appreciate all the help and hope that the organization continues to thrive in order to assist more minority entrepreneurs in Miami.Robert Abraham
Please review the following to be considered for a loan:
- Minority ownership (see loan application);
- Domiciled in the City of Miami, as stated in the organization’s occupational license. (To verify that you fit this criteria, please click here to view a map of the City of Miami and its boundaries);
- Loans from $2,500 to $10,000;
- Businesses must be in existence for more than six months;
- Credit score 550;
- The purpose of the loan: working capital, cash flow, inventory, equipment; no construction, built-out or purchase of property;
- US Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents only;
- For profit businesses only; no sole proprietorships.
If you are interested in applying for such a loan, you must download an application from the link provided below.
Before downloading the necessary paperwork to begin the loan application process, please be aware of some important details:
- Data can be entered directly onto the PDF form; however it CANNOT be saved. Please print once completed. The document will NOT save completed data to your computer and/or device.
- In addition to the completed 12 page-form, the application requires multiple supplementary documents. Please review the application checklist on page 1 before submitting the application to MBF.
- Be sure to carefully review all your answers before submitting. MBF reserves the right to deny the loan application if any answers are untrue or inaccurate.
- Submit your form in person to MBF’s offices, located at 25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240, Miami, FL 33131. Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact (305)379-7070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the application, please fill out the following information:
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to download the application, please provide accurate information on the form below.
Last night, MBF's #SmallBusinessTraining students presented business plans to bank lenders & investors 📊 Thanks to panel for participating in this educational event & providing sage advice. Additionally, thanks again to our sponsors @cityofmiami, @LHCCmiami & @magiccitydist. https://t.co/6MthyF6t8R
Are you a small business owner? There are two important tax changes that WILL affect your business. 1) Corporate tax rates are now 21% and 2) Pass through entities get a 20% deduction. Read more on @scoremiami's blog.
Congrats to the 10 amazing high school participants that competed for prizes and bragging rights at the Knowledge of Careers 2nd Annual Social Impact Pitch Night @ #ThursdayGathering. MBF enjoyed judging their creative #socialimpact pitches.
@KOCnonprofit @KnowledgeofCareers https://t.co/MtBX7g6Tfd
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of the City of Miami.