Black Business Loan Program
For Black Businesses in Miami-Dade County
Under BBLP, loans are available from $5,000 to $75,000. Loans up to $150,000 are available under special circumstances.
To be considered for a BBLP loan, your business must be:
- 51% black-owned;
- Domiciled in Miami-Dade County, as stated in the organization’s occupational license;
- Owned by United States Citizens or Lawful
- Permanent Residents;
- For-profit corporation. No sole proprietorships;
- Must demonstrate that the loan will aid in the creation of new jobs; and
- Must use funds for working capital, cash flow, inventory, and/or equipment.
Please note, if a start-up (under one year), owners must put up a 20% cash match.
- After filling out the request form below, you will have access to download the PDF loan application which needs to be completed. Please allow yourself at least an hour to fill out the loan application accurately and in its entirety.
- In addition to the completed 12 page-form, the application requires additional documents, which can be found on the checklist on the first page of the application.
- Be sure to carefully review all your answers before submitting. MBF reserves the right to deny the loan application if any answers are untrue or inaccurate.
- To submit your form in person, please visit MBF’s offices, located at 25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240, Miami, FL 33131.
- To submit your form online, please email it to email@example.com.
- Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact Joann at (786) 703-5768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please have the following documents ready when applying for a loan:
- Business Plan including corporate history and comprehensive marketing plan.
- Resume of all principals.
- Three (3) years Profit and Loss Projections, monthly for one (1) year, and annually for the next two (2) years. Footnote assumptions.
- Detailed Use of Funds, including a breakdown of any line items over $5,000.
- Business Financial Statements for the last three (3) fiscal years and year-to-date.
- Corporate Tax Returns (federal income tax) for the last three (3) years.
- Personal Income Tax Return filed for the last three (3) years.
- Six (6) months of supporting bank statements.
- Copy of Lease or Letter of Intent to Lease.
- Copy of Business Documents: Partnership Agreements, Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, Certificate of Good Standing, etc.
- Copy of Local Business Tax Receipt.
- Proof of General Liability Insurance.
- Documentation of all Outstanding Debt Including Equipment Leases.
To access the application, please fill out the following information:
What Our Loan Recipients Had to Say
“MBF’s Black Business Loan Program helped me to invest in myself so my dreams could continue to be realized.”
“The MBF Loan has significantly helped my business to implement vital systems for the strong infrastructure we need to grow.”
“The MBF BBLP is a savior to small minority businesses that do not have access to financing from larger financial institutions. Before graduating from this program and securing a loan, I was at the mercy of the “loan sharks.” The outlook is promising, as I see a bright future in 2020, thanks to this amazing program.”
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of Miami.