MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort ScholarshipAssistance to Educational Institutions through Scholarships
MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort Scholarship
The 2018-2019 scholarship application is available. The MBF Commissioner Gort Scholarship covers tuition, fees, mandatory course materials and books, and a $500 stipend per trimester. To apply, you must download the application form and fill it out. Once complete, the application form must be sent via mail or email to the contact below. There is no deadline and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Applications can be submitted via mail or email to:
25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240
Miami, FL 33131
305-379-7070 ext. 204
I can’t even begin to express my gratitude towards the Foundation and Commissioner Gort. You are helping me fulfill my dreams! Nothing that I have done so far would be possible if it weren’t for the support of the MBF/Willy Gort Scholarship. I’m so, appreciative. My gratitude towards Miami Bayside Foundation is infinite!Saily Martinez Perez, RN
Criteria for the MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort Scholarship are:
- Residents of District 1 in the City of Miami. Click here for a map of the district (in yellow).
- United States citizens or permanent residents.
- Planning to attend or attending D.A. Dorsey Technical College, George T. Baker Technical College, Lindsey Hopkins Technical College, or Miami Dade College (see list of approved programs on the application).
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) unless enrolling in a certificate program below 450 hours that do not qualify for Financial Aid and the Federal Pell Grant and/or applicants without High School Diploma or GED.
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. Must achieve a minimum 2.5 GPA for each term of program enrollment.
MBF #smallbiztips: Is the cost of advertising on Google and other pay-per-click networks too high for your small business? Maybe not. Here are factors that will help you determine if advertising on search engines could be cost-effective for your company. https://t.co/XNmCGTY7Q1
Last night, MBF's #SmallBusinessTraining students presented their business plans to a panel of bank and alternative lenders 📊 Thank you to the panelist for participating in this educational event and providing sage advice. https://t.co/GMJbOQGHx4
MBF #smallbiztips: Bad online reviews can cause potential customers to shop elsewhere, negatively impacting your business’ bottom line. If your business has received a bad online review, here are steps you can take to handle it and minimize the damage. https://t.co/N1kP5IPpww
MBF #smallbiztips: Tomorrow at noon, the SBA will have a webinar on the 8(a) Business Development Program that helps small, disadvantaged businesses compete in the marketplace. Register at https://t.co/N8ssFJ0XoC. https://t.co/y3oqXHvGzs
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of the City of Miami.