MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort ScholarshipAssistance to Educational Institutions through Scholarships
MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort Scholarship
The 2018-2019 scholarship application is available. The MBF Commissioner Gort Scholarship covers tuition, fees, mandatory course materials and books, and up to $500 stipend per trimester. To apply, you must apply online or download the application form and fill it out. Once complete, the application form must be sent via mail or email to the contact below. There is no deadline and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Applications can be submitted via mail or email to:
Miami Bayside Foundation
25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240
Miami, FL 33131
I can’t even begin to express my gratitude towards the Foundation and Commissioner Gort. You are helping me fulfill my dreams! Nothing that I have done so far would be possible if it weren’t for the support of the MBF/Willy Gort Scholarship. I’m so, appreciative. My gratitude towards Miami Bayside Foundation is infinite!
“I would like to thank the Miami Bayside Foundation and Commissioner Gort for making my own aspirations a possibility through these scholarships, which help to support my educational pursuits. I first learned about this scholarship through my guidance counselor at iPrep, and I think every Miami-Dade student should take advantage of these wonderful opportunities!”
Criteria for the MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort Scholarship
- Residents of District 1 in the City of Miami. Click here for a map of the district (in yellow).
- United States citizens or permanent residents.
- Planning to attend or attending George T. Baker Technical College, Lindsey Hopkins Technical College, or Miami Dade College.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) unless enrolling in a certificate program below 450 hours that do not qualify for Financial Aid and the Federal Pell Grant and/or applicants without High School Diploma or GED.
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. Must achieve a minimum 2.5 GPA for each term of program enrollment.
Congratulations to MBF's new #loanrecipient @CykleJab. Accomplish your New Year's resolution by joining their high-end boutique gym that combines boxing and cycling to provide “The Ultimate 50 Minutes". https://t.co/XDtGeiBB09 https://t.co/ac4vGbDwYm
MBF #SmallBizTips: Jumpstart your business with MBF's Small Business Training! Learn business essentials from experts in accounting, marketing, information technology, human resources, and more. To apply, go to https://t.co/5iuIzkgKV2. https://t.co/NafWgtet1J
Congratulations to MBF's new #loanrecipient Sayblee! Sayblee is a haircare company with a unique, proprietary hair loss solution that is made with natural, organic ingredients.
Congratulations to MBF's new #loanrecipient Alchemist Revolt! Their Cellular Regeneration Serum is a moisturizing and nourishing facial serum that is plant-based, vegan, cruelty-free, non-toxic, and rich with antioxidants. https://t.co/P6mZpgnT82
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of Miami.