MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort ScholarshipAssistance to Educational Institutions through Scholarships
MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort Scholarship
The 2018-2019 scholarship application is available. The MBF Commissioner Gort Scholarship covers tuition, fees, mandatory course materials and books, and up to $500 stipend per trimester. To apply, you must apply online or download the application form and fill it out. Once complete, the application form must be sent via mail or email to the contact below. There is no deadline and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Applications can be submitted via mail or email to:
Miami Bayside Foundation
25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240
Miami, FL 33131
I can’t even begin to express my gratitude towards the Foundation and Commissioner Gort. You are helping me fulfill my dreams! Nothing that I have done so far would be possible if it weren’t for the support of the MBF/Willy Gort Scholarship. I’m so, appreciative. My gratitude towards Miami Bayside Foundation is infinite!Saily Martinez Perez, RN
“I would like to thank the Miami Bayside Foundation and Commissioner Gort for making my own aspirations a possibility through these scholarships, which help to support my educational pursuits. I first learned about this scholarship through my guidance counselor at iPrep, and I think every Miami-Dade student should take advantage of these wonderful opportunities!”Heidi Perez-Moreno
Criteria for the MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort Scholarship
- Residents of District 1 in the City of Miami. Click here for a map of the district (in yellow).
- United States citizens or permanent residents.
- Planning to attend or attending George T. Baker Technical College, Lindsey Hopkins Technical College, or Miami Dade College.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) unless enrolling in a certificate program below 450 hours that do not qualify for Financial Aid and the Federal Pell Grant and/or applicants without High School Diploma or GED.
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. Must achieve a minimum 2.5 GPA for each term of program enrollment.
@BaysideMktplace @MiamiBaysideFo & @NFTEFlorida sponsored 20 City of Miami High School students for the day. The students went on a scenic tour of Biscayne Bay and enjoyed lunch aboard @IslandQueenMIA. They also learned about running a small business and toured Bayside! https://t.co/uoDjU4yIJf
Congratulations to Groovin' Bean, MBF’s newest loan recipient! Located in historic Overtown, Groovin’ Bean offers a touch of New Orleans with their homemade beignets. Enjoy with their organic fair-trade coffee creations. #miami #coffeeshop #smallbusiness #historicovertown https://t.co/No7xsMKaJA
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of Miami.