MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort ScholarshipAssistance to Educational Institutions through Scholarships
MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort Scholarship
The 2018-2019 scholarship application is available. The MBF Commissioner Gort Scholarship covers tuition, fees, mandatory course materials and books, and a $500 stipend per trimester. To apply, you must download the application form and fill it out. Once complete, the application form must be sent via mail or email to the contact below. There is no deadline and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Applications can be submitted via mail or email to:
25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240
Miami, FL 33131
305-379-7070 ext. 204
I can’t even begin to express my gratitude towards the Foundation and Commissioner Gort. You are helping me fulfill my dreams! Nothing that I have done so far would be possible if it weren’t for the support of the MBF/Willy Gort Scholarship. I’m so, appreciative. My gratitude towards Miami Bayside Foundation is infinite!Saily Martinez Perez, RN
Criteria for the MBF/Commissioner Willy Gort Scholarship are:
- Residents of District 1 in the City of Miami. Click here for a map of the district (in yellow).
- United States citizens or permanent residents.
- Planning to attend or attending D.A. Dorsey Technical College, George T. Baker Technical College, Lindsey Hopkins Technical College, or Miami Dade College (see list of approved programs on the application).
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) unless enrolling in a certificate program below 450 hours that do not qualify for Financial Aid and the Federal Pell Grant and/or applicants without High School Diploma or GED.
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. Must achieve a minimum 2.5 GPA for each term of program enrollment.
Register now for tomorrow's Cash Flow workshop! https://t.co/Ww927BN9Ey
Are you profitable & struggle monthly in managing your cash flow? On 9/22 from 10a-2p, hosting a Manage Your Cash Flow Workshop in partnership w/ @MiamiBaysideFo. The workshop will help businesses understand the difference between profits & cash flow.
RSVP https://t.co/GjW9BFx32M https://t.co/uu0GpE91K3
MBF #smallbiztips: Your online presence needs to be strong and healthy if you want your business to be successful. Even if you are not an expert, you can use these 8 tips to build your online presence.
Last night's "Introduction to Financial Statements" workshop, by SBDC at FIU and MBF, addressed planning for future growth and measuring the financial success of your business! Go to https://t.co/taNA8RVRhd to learn about our upcoming workshops. https://t.co/pIAAqnJtNO
MBF #smallbiztips: Facebook has more than 2.2 billion monthly active users, making it a great place for businesses to reach consumers. If you are looking to pay to boost your posts or create effective ad content on the platform, here are some expert tips.
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of the City of Miami.