MDCPS ScholarshipAssistance to Educational Institutions through Scholarships
Miami-Dade County Public Schools
Staying true to its missions and values, as well as the importance of education, MBF tries to provide resources for students at all levels of post secondary education. MBF has partnered with the Miami-Dade County Public School System in order to provide resources to high school seniors who have demonstrated a dedication to their academic careers.
The MBF MDCPS High School Scholarship provides resources for minority students who live in the City of Miami, demonstrate academic achievement and need, and will be attending a post-secondary institution in the fall.
MBF has awarded a total of one hundred twenty-six (126) $1,000 scholarships. The scholarship application for the 2019-2020 school year is closed.
The MBF Scholarship has deepened my aspirations for the personal and career goals that I have set for myself. Being a first-generation college student, a post-secondary institution’s lecture room of 500+ students was not where I visualized myself, due to my family’s numerous hardships. The MBF has eased those burdens with the financial aid and overall support system provided. This scholarship has served as the torch allowing me to create a path that will not only benefit me, but ultimately enhance the lives of others around me as well.
MDCPS Scholarship Criteria
- Residents of the City of Miami (see map).
- United States citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- Graduating public high school seniors from Booker T. Washington Sr. High, Coral Gables Senior High School, DASH, Ipreparatory, Miami-Dade Online Academy, Law Enforcement Officers, Miami Edison, Miami Jackson Senior High, Miami Northwestern, Miami Senior High School, New World School of the Arts, School for Advanced Studies Wolfson, Young Men’s Prep, or Young Women’s Prep with a minimum 3.0 unweighted cumulative GPA (out of a 4.0 scale).
- Planning to attend an accredited college, university or technical college.
- Complete the application.
- Secure a current high school transcript.
- Return all application materials together to CAP Advisor or Designee at their school by March 15, 2019.
For further information on the high school scholarship, students may direct their questions to the CAP Advisor at their high school.
CAP Advisors with questions may contact Mitchelle Carrasquilla at (786) 703-5764 or email@example.com.
Miami Jackson High students just returned from a college tour that featured stops at the UCF and Florida Polytech. Thanks to @MiamiBaysideFo. Valley Bank and @MiamiDadeCountyGovernment for making the trip possible. #smartpath #edfundprograms https://t.co/cpa4HXA9iY
Thank you @MiamiBaysideFo and @MDCollege for partnering with our office to offer a free Small Business Training program to help cultivate and grow the backbone of our economy. #SmallBiz #EconomicDevelopment https://t.co/EsFn6Pbl2j
MBF #SmallBizTips: Small business owners need funding to grow. To help you weigh your options, here are a few pros and cons to funding your business through bootstrapping, equity funding, and borrowing. https://t.co/rRNMqQ2KMe
Congratulations to MBF #communitypartner @fiuinstagram for launching their cybersecurity apprenticeship aimed at giving learners the necessary technical skills, on-the-job training, and preparation to obtain industry credentials. To learn more, visit https://t.co/3vcDufaQ6R.
MBF #SmallBizTips: As a small business owner, you are completely responsible for your own retirement planning. Register for @scoremiami's Retirement Planning workshop to understand your options and prepare for a secure retirement. Register at https://t.co/UQsRAM4jDY. https://t.co/chp8Z94YaB
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of Miami.