MDCPS ScholarshipAssistance to Educational Institutions through Scholarships
Miami-Dade County Public Schools
Staying true to its missions and values, as well as the importance of education, MBF tries to provide resources for students at all levels of post secondary education. MBF has partnered with the Miami-Dade County Public School System in order to provide resources to high school seniors who have demonstrated a dedication to their academic careers.
The MBF MDCPS High School Scholarship provides resources for minority students who live in the City of Miami, demonstrate academic achievement and need, and will be attending a post-secondary institution in the fall.
MBF has awarded a total of one hundred twenty-six (126) $1,000 scholarships. The scholarship application for the 2019-2020 school year is closed.
The MBF Scholarship has deepened my aspirations for the personal and career goals that I have set for myself. Being a first-generation college student, a post-secondary institution’s lecture room of 500+ students was not where I visualized myself, due to my family’s numerous hardships. The MBF has eased those burdens with the financial aid and overall support system provided. This scholarship has served as the torch allowing me to create a path that will not only benefit me, but ultimately enhance the lives of others around me as well.Chrisford Belizaire
MDCPS Scholarship Criteria
- Residents of the City of Miami (see map).
- United States citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- Graduating public high school seniors from Booker T. Washington Sr. High, Coral Gables Senior High School, DASH, Ipreparatory, Miami-Dade Online Academy, Law Enforcement Officers, Miami Edison, Miami Jackson Senior High, Miami Northwestern, Miami Senior High School, New World School of the Arts, School for Advanced Studies Wolfson, Young Men’s Prep, or Young Women’s Prep with a minimum 3.0 unweighted cumulative GPA (out of a 4.0 scale).
- Planning to attend an accredited college, university or technical college.
- Complete the application.
- Secure a current high school transcript.
- Return all application materials together to CAP Advisor or Designee at their school by March 15, 2019.
For further information on the high school scholarship, students may direct their questions to the CAP Advisor at their high school.
CAP Advisors with questions may contact Rodolfo Calderon at email@example.com or (786) 703-5764.
A round of applause for the @YWCAMIAMI Summer Learning Program! 20 children received high-quality summer camp learning, reducing summer learning loss. Here’s to a successful school year! #summerlearning #summercamp https://t.co/TTnxOjGdQ4
In honor of National #blackbusinessmonth, MBF is proud to support the following businesses: Ace of Freight, @thecoolmiami, Concierge Auto, @copperdoorbnb Cyclejab, Dr. Petteway, Genisis Global, @Groovinbean, Haynes Security IMR Development Corp., and Sips.
Take part in: How to Design Better Cities for People, a FREE masterclass brought to you by MBF client Moonlighter, as well as The Makers Lab, and the Museum of Art and Design and the IdeaCenter at Miami Dade College. https://t.co/oR66KN7bR3 https://t.co/FjzmC0QBDR
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of Miami.