Conventional LoanFor Minority Businesses in the City of Miami
Conventional loans are available from $10,000 to $75,000. Loans up to $150,000 are available under special circumstances.
To be considered for an MBF loan, your business must be:
- Minority or women-owned;
- Domiciled in the City of Miami, as stated in the organization’s occupational license. (To verify that your company’s address is in the City of Miami, please click here);
- Owned by United States Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents;
- For-profit corporation. No sole proprietorships;
- Must demonstrate that the loan will aid in the creation of new jobs; and
- Must use funds for working capital, cash flow, inventory, and/or equipment.
Please note, if a start-up (under one year), owners must put up a 20% cash match.
If you are interested in applying for a loan, please fill in the form below to access the downloadable application. Please be aware of some important details:
- In addition to the completed 12 page-form, the application requires additional documents, which can be found on the checklist on the first page of the application.
- Be sure to carefully review all your answers before submitting. MBF reserves the right to deny the loan application if any answers are untrue or inaccurate.
- To submit your form in person, please visit MBF’s offices, located at 25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240, Miami, FL 33131.
- To submit your form online, please email it to email@example.com.
- Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact the loan department at (786) 703-5767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is what some of the loan recipients had to say about the effects of receiving a loan through the MBF:
“I just want to thank the Miami Bayside Foundation for giving me the opportunity to reach my dreams of opening up my own retail/print store. It led me in the right direction by teaching me a lot so that I can take the proper steps to running a business.”Eric Wooden
“When we were first starting up in 2009, we needed a loan to open our first location. We were declined by all the banks we approached, and Miami Bayside Foundation came to the rescue! Since then, we’ve worked closely together, and our admiration and appreciation has only grown.”Leticia Pollock
“Nothing gets easier when you get a loan. On the contrary, it is a major responsibility. However, the MBF helps you understand the importance of prioritizing the key elements of your company. Understanding the priorities what allowed me to strategize differently. It was when I went through the process of this loan that I realized it. Hopefully, my plan is on the right path to take Sugar Yummy Mama to the next level.”Giselle Pinto
To download the application, please fill out the following information:
MBF #SmallBizTips: The internet of things (IoT) is a network of connected devices and sensors such as digital assistants (Alexa and Google Home). Here are five ways small businesses can leverage the power of this technology. https://t.co/8wbDrsjfkt
@FLMemorialUniv's interim president Jaffus Hardrick is planning expansions for the university including tripling the school's enrollment, adding new programs, bringing in more transfers, creating summer programs students, and more. https://t.co/5PgiT120um
MBF #SmallBizTips: Business credit cards offer a way to finance purchases while also helping businesses build a credit history. However, before applying for a business credit card, know that there are differences between business and personal credit cards. https://t.co/4Z98WPJOPk
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of Miami.