Conventional LoansFor Minority Businesses in the City of Miami
Conventional loans are available from $10,000 to $75,000. Loans up to $150,000 are available under special circumstances.
To be considered for an MBF loan, your business must be:
- Minority-owned (see loan application);
- Domiciled in the City of Miami, as stated in the organization’s occupational license. (To verify that you fit this criteria, please click here to view a map of the City of Miami and its boundaries);
- Owned by United States Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents;
- For-profit corporation. No sole proprietorships;
- Must demonstrate that the loan will aid in the creation of new jobs;
- Must use funds for working capital, cash flow, inventory, and/or equipment.
Please note, if a start-up (under one year), owners must put up a 20% cash match.
If you are interested in applying for a loan, please fill in the form below to access the downloadable application. Please be aware of some important details:
- In addition to the completed 12 page-form, the application requires multiple supplementary documents. Please review the application checklist on page 1 before submitting the application to MBF.
- Be sure to carefully review all your answers before submitting. MBF reserves the right to deny the loan application if any answers are untrue or inaccurate.
- To submit your form in person, please visit MBF’s offices, located at 25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240, Miami, FL 33131.
- To submit your form online, please email form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact the loan department at (305) 379-7070 ext 204 or email email@example.com.
Here is what some of the loan recipients had to say about the effects of receiving a loan through the MBF:
“I just want to thank the Miami Bayside Foundation for giving me the opportunity to reach my dreams of opening up my own retail/print store. It led me in the right direction by teaching me a lot so that I can take the proper steps to running a business.”Eric Wooden
“When we were first starting up in 2009, we needed a loan to open our first location. We were declined by all the banks we approached, and Miami Bayside Foundation came to the rescue! Since then, we’ve worked closely together, and our admiration and appreciation has only grown.”Leticia Pollock
“Nothing gets easier when you get a loan. On the contrary, it is a major responsibility. However, the MBF helps you understand the importance of prioritizing the key elements of your company. Understanding the priorities what allowed me to strategize differently. It was when I went through the process of this loan that I realized it. Hopefully, my plan is on the right path to take Sugar Yummy Mama to the next level.”Giselle Pinto
To download the application, please fill out the following information:
MBF #smallbiztips: Every professional knows that networking is an essential component for success. If you’re looking to build authentic, powerful professional relationships, here are the top 5 networking mistakes you should avoid via @IvyExec.
MBF #smallbiztips: If you're like many business owners, you have an ever-growing list of tasks you'd like to accomplish. Here are 4 productivity and time management tips to help you fit more into your busy schedule. https://t.co/FrIMMfnZKF via @forbes.
Last Thursday was the first day of MBF's FREE Small Business Training. Students learned digital marketing business hacks from @bizhackco. This wouldn't be possible without support from @magiccitydist, @miamiandbeaches, @lhccmiami, and @cityofmiami. https://t.co/krxV9YmDjl
MBF #smallbiztips: Learn the steps it takes to maximize lead generation and your brand when setting up a trade show booth or table. Join the SBA for their "How to Effectively Conduct Trade Shows and Events" live webinar. Register at https://t.co/qLIWJPnviR.
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of the City of Miami.