Conventional LoansFor Minority Businesses in the City of Miami
Conventional loans are available from $10,000 to $75,000. Loans up to $150,000 are available under special circumstances.
To be considered for an MBF loan, your business must be:
- Minority-owned (see loan application);
- Domiciled in the City of Miami, as stated in the organization’s occupational license. (To verify that you fit this criteria, please click here to view a map of the City of Miami and its boundaries);
- Owned by United States Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents;
- For-profit corporation. No sole proprietorships;
- Must demonstrate that the loan will aid in the creation of new jobs;
- Must use funds for working capital, cash flow, inventory, and/or equipment.
Please note, if a start-up (under one year), owners must put up a 20% cash match.
If you are interested in applying for a loan, please fill in the form below to access the downloadable application. Please be aware of some important details:
- In addition to the completed 12 page-form, the application requires multiple supplementary documents. Please review the application checklist on page 1 before submitting the application to MBF.
- Be sure to carefully review all your answers before submitting. MBF reserves the right to deny the loan application if any answers are untrue or inaccurate.
- To submit your form in person, please visit MBF’s offices, located at 25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240, Miami, FL 33131.
- To submit your form online, please email form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact the loan department at (305) 379-7070 ext 204 or email email@example.com.
Here is what some of the loan recipients had to say about the effects of receiving a loan through the MBF:
“I just want to thank the Miami Bayside Foundation for giving me the opportunity to reach my dreams of opening up my own retail/print store. It led me in the right direction by teaching me a lot so that I can take the proper steps to running a business.”Eric Wooden
“When we were first starting up in 2009, we needed a loan to open our first location. We were declined by all the banks we approached, and Miami Bayside Foundation came to the rescue! Since then, we’ve worked closely together, and our admiration and appreciation has only grown.”Leticia Polock
“Nothing gets easier when you get a loan. On the contrary, it is a major responsibility. However, the MBF helps you understand the importance of prioritizing the key elements of your company. Understanding the priorities what allowed me to strategize differently. It was when I went through the process of this loan that I realized it. Hopefully, my plan is on the right path to take Sugar Yummy Mama to the next level.”Giselle Pinto
To download the application, please fill out the following information:
Looking for an all ages, family-friendly event to go to this Sunday? How about bringing your ideas to life with giant legos? Join MBF's #loanrecipient @MoonlighterMIA every last Sunday of the month April through July at Museum Park for this free event. https://t.co/qvBGnlhl42
Looking for an all ages, family-friendly event to go to this Sunday? How about bringing your ideas to life with giant legos? Join MBF's #loanrecipient @MoonlighterMIA every last Sunday of the month April through July at Museum Park for this free event. https://t.co/qvBGnlhl42— Miami Bayside Foundation (@MiamiBaysideFo) May 26, 2018
MBF #smallbiztips: Getting new customers for your business is hard work, but it's necessary if you want to be successful. Here are 10 ways you can get the attention of new prospects and turn them into loyal customers via @JanetAttard.
MBF #smallbiztips: Getting new customers for your business is hard work, but it's necessary if you want to be successful. Here are 10 ways you can get the attention of new prospects and turn them into loyal customers via @JanetAttard.https://t.co/sEYEdEHYuQ— Miami Bayside Foundation (@MiamiBaysideFo) May 25, 2018
MBF Scholarship recipients receive certificates from @CityofMiami. Good luck with your studies! 🎓 https://t.co/1zERaZ74DY
MBF #smallbiztips: If you use Powerpoint, here are a few principles and tips to keep in mind via @thisissethsblog
MBF had the pleasure of judging @NFTEFlorida's Miami Dade Semi-Finals. Today, the students are competing at Regionals! MBF wishes the students the best of luck! 🍀 https://t.co/2amoO9pLTj
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of the City of Miami.