MicroloansFor Minority Businesses in the City of Miami
Microloans are available from $2,500 to $10,000.
To be considered for an MBF microloan, your business must be:
- Minority-owned (see loan application);
- Domiciled in the City of Miami, as stated in the organization’s occupational license. (To verify that you fit this criteria, please click here to view a map of the City of Miami and its boundaries);
- Owned by US Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents only;
- For-profit businesses only. no sole proprietorships;
- Must use funds for working capital, cash flow, inventory, and/or equipment; no construction, built-out or purchase of property;
- Must be in existence for more than six months;
- Credit score 550.
If you are interested in applying for a loan, please fill in the form below to access the downloadable application.
Please be aware of some important details:
- In addition to the completed 8 page-form, the application requires multiple supplementary documents. Please review the application checklist on page 1 before submitting the application to MBF.
- Be sure to carefully review all your answers before submitting. MBF reserves the right to deny the loan application if any answers are untrue or inaccurate.
- To submit your form in person, please visit MBF’s offices, located at 25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240, Miami, FL 33131.
- To submit your form online, please email form to email@example.com.
- Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact the loan department at (305) 379-7070 ext 204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is what some of the loan recipients had to say about the effects of receiving a loan through the MBF:
“The MBF gave me cash flow to expand my dreams.”Mariana Cortez
“The loan helped me at a critical time during our expansion. Because of the fund from MBF, our daycare is not thriving. This is our 22nd year in business.”Adline Aurubin
“I never imagined I would receive so much from an organization: training, mentoring, and a loan! Miami Bayside Foundation will always be in my heart since they were the first ones to truly support me.”Angela Hall
To download the application, please fill out the following information:
MBF #smallbiztips: Every professional knows that networking is an essential component for success. If you’re looking to build authentic, powerful professional relationships, here are the top 5 networking mistakes you should avoid via @IvyExec.
MBF #smallbiztips: If you're like many business owners, you have an ever-growing list of tasks you'd like to accomplish. Here are 4 productivity and time management tips to help you fit more into your busy schedule. https://t.co/FrIMMfnZKF via @forbes.
Last Thursday was the first day of MBF's FREE Small Business Training. Students learned digital marketing business hacks from @bizhackco. This wouldn't be possible without support from @magiccitydist, @miamiandbeaches, @lhccmiami, and @cityofmiami. https://t.co/krxV9YmDjl
MBF #smallbiztips: Learn the steps it takes to maximize lead generation and your brand when setting up a trade show booth or table. Join the SBA for their "How to Effectively Conduct Trade Shows and Events" live webinar. Register at https://t.co/qLIWJPnviR.
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of the City of Miami.