MicroloansFor Minority Businesses in the City of Miami
Microloans are available from $2,500 to $10,000.
To be considered for an MBF microloan, your business must be:
- Minority-owned (see loan application);
- Domiciled in the City of Miami, as stated in the organization’s occupational license. (To verify that you fit this criteria, please click here to view a map of the City of Miami and its boundaries);
- Owned by US Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents only;
- For-profit businesses only. no sole proprietorships;
- Must use funds for working capital, cash flow, inventory, and/or equipment; no construction, built-out or purchase of property;
- Must be in existence for more than six months;
- Credit score 550.
If you are interested in applying for a loan, please fill in the form below to access the downloadable application.
Please be aware of some important details:
- In addition to the completed 8 page-form, the application requires multiple supplementary documents. Please review the application checklist on page 1 before submitting the application to MBF.
- Be sure to carefully review all your answers before submitting. MBF reserves the right to deny the loan application if any answers are untrue or inaccurate.
- To submit your form in person, please visit MBF’s offices, located at 25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240, Miami, FL 33131.
- To submit your form online, please email form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact the loan department at (305) 379-7070 ext 204 or email email@example.com.
Here is what some of the loan recipients had to say about the effects of receiving a loan through the MBF:
“The MBF gave me cash flow to expand my dreams.”Mariana Cortez
“The loan helped me at a critical time during our expansion. Because of the fund from MBF, our daycare is not thriving. This is our 22nd year in business.”Adline Aurubin
“I never imagined I would receive so much from an organization: training, mentoring, and a loan! Miami Bayside Foundation will always be in my heart since they were the first ones to truly support me.”Angela Hall
To download the application, please fill out the following information:
MBF #smallbiztips: If you use Powerpoint, here are a few principles and tips to keep in mind via @thisissethsblog
MBF had the pleasure of judging @NFTEFlorida's Miami Dade Semi-Finals. Today, the students are competing at Regionals! MBF wishes the students the best of luck! 🍀 https://t.co/2amoO9pLTj
MBF #smallbiztips: "If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time." Steve Jobs
MBF's free Small Business Training teaches accounting, marketing, information technology, human resources, and more! APPLY TODAY! #mondaymotivation
MBF #smallbiztips: "If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time." Steve Jobs— Miami Bayside Foundation (@MiamiBaysideFo) May 21, 2018
MBF's free Small Business Training teaches accounting, marketing, information technology, human resources, and more! APPLY TODAY! #mondaymotivationhttps://t.co/lg02djXj0U
See what's up with your favorite local spots in this special Thursday edition of Nom News: https://t.co/GGZUQmTnvq https://t.co/L2BRSNuLzF
Celebrate the collaborative brew between MBF #loanrecipient @miamismokers and El Gaucho Raucho - Candied Bacon in a pint! Inspired by the famous Rauchbiers from Bamberg, Germany, this brew provides a local twist! See you there!
Celebrate the collaborative brew between MBF #loanrecipient @miamismokers and El Gaucho Raucho - Candied Bacon in a pint! Inspired by the famous Rauchbiers from Bamberg, Germany, this brew provides a local twist! See you there!https://t.co/ifxRQ4McCT— Miami Bayside Foundation (@MiamiBaysideFo) May 18, 2018
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of the City of Miami.