Miami Dade College
Assistance to Educational Institutions through Scholarships
Miami Dade College
Miami Dade College was created with the idea that anyone with a desire to get a college degree should be given that opportunity. The college’s eight campuses and outreach centers offer more than 300 distinct degree pathways including associate and baccalaureate degrees, career certificates and apprenticeships.
In 1998, MBF created an endowment at Miami Dade College for the purpose of awarding scholarships to minority students who reside in the City of Miami. Since then, more than 600 scholarships have been awarded totaling over $500,000.
Deadline: October 8, 2021
1. A student enrolled in or accepted for admission to Miami Dade College with an interest in business, leadership, and/or entrepreneurship.
2. The scholarship is open to a student enrolled in any degree or certificate program.
3. U.S. citizens or permanent residents
4. City of Miami residents (must live within one of the shaded districts, https://miamigis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=e44c932135584e77b4ad9866a0798568).
5. Minorities, as defined in the Florida Statutes 288.703(4).
6. Demonstrated financial need based on federal financial aid standards (must have filed FAFSA for 2020-2021).
7. A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 at the College or, if newly enrolled at the College, at prior institutions attended.
8. Complete a 250-word-essay that demonstrates the student’s interest in business and entrepreneurship.
9. The award amount per student will be $1,000 (12 credits or more) or $500 (credits between 6-11 )
Coming from a poor immigrant background, I wouldn’t have been able to afford college alone. If it weren’t for the MBF’s generosity, achieving my degree would have been much more difficult. For that I am eternally grateful.
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of Miami.