What it means to be a CDFI
Community Development Financial Institutions – or CDFIs – are mission-driven financial institutions that are dedicated to providing financial services to meet the needs of economically disadvantaged individuals within underserved communities.
- CDFIs invest in local communities and the residents who live there by providing critically needed financing often unavailable from mainstream financial institutions.
- CDFIs are certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institutions Fund – known as the CDFI Fund. In order to become a certified CDFI, the financial institution must: have a primary mission of promoting community development; provide financial products and services; serve one or more defined low-income target markets; maintain accountability to the community it serves; and be a legal non-governmental entity.
- All CDFIs share a common mission of serving low-income communities. CDFIs are commonly loan funds, credit unions, community banks, or venture capital funds.
- Certified CDFIs are part of a national network promoting economic growth in America’s underserved communities by financing businesses, creating jobs, and rebuilding neighborhoods.
- As a CDFI, MBF puts the community first and values local, economic growth.
Register now for tomorrow's Cash Flow workshop! https://t.co/Ww927BN9Ey
Are you profitable & struggle monthly in managing your cash flow? On 9/22 from 10a-2p, hosting a Manage Your Cash Flow Workshop in partnership w/ @MiamiBaysideFo. The workshop will help businesses understand the difference between profits & cash flow.
RSVP https://t.co/GjW9BFx32M https://t.co/uu0GpE91K3
MBF #smallbiztips: Your online presence needs to be strong and healthy if you want your business to be successful. Even if you are not an expert, you can use these 8 tips to build your online presence.
Last night's "Introduction to Financial Statements" workshop, by SBDC at FIU and MBF, addressed planning for future growth and measuring the financial success of your business! Go to https://t.co/taNA8RVRhd to learn about our upcoming workshops. https://t.co/pIAAqnJtNO
MBF #smallbiztips: Facebook has more than 2.2 billion monthly active users, making it a great place for businesses to reach consumers. If you are looking to pay to boost your posts or create effective ad content on the platform, here are some expert tips.
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of the City of Miami.