What it means to be a CDFI
Community Development Financial Institutions – or CDFIs – are mission-driven financial institutions that are dedicated to providing financial services to meet the needs of economically disadvantaged individuals within underserved communities.
- CDFIs invest in local communities and the residents who live there by providing critically needed financing often unavailable from mainstream financial institutions.
- CDFIs are certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institutions Fund – known as the CDFI Fund. In order to become a certified CDFI, the financial institution must: have a primary mission of promoting community development; provide financial products and services; serve one or more defined low-income target markets; maintain accountability to the community it serves; and be a legal non-governmental entity.
- All CDFIs share a common mission of serving low-income communities. CDFIs are commonly loan funds, credit unions, community banks, or venture capital funds.
- Certified CDFIs are part of a national network promoting economic growth in America’s underserved communities by financing businesses, creating jobs, and rebuilding neighborhoods.
- As a CDFI, MBF puts the community first and values local, economic growth.
Welcome NEW business @FPLAUSA to the Town of Miami Lakes!
📍>> 7950 NW 155th St., Ste. 103, Miami Lakes, FL 33016
#WhereBusinessGrows #GrowingBeautifully @MayorMannyCid @JoshDieguez https://t.co/6L2cfkQHZt
🎉 Congratulations to Truist/MBF Digital Marketing Series graduate, Full Potential Learning Academy! 🥳 @FPLAUSA https://t.co/yZVEoC4u27
Jumpstart your business with MBF's FREE Small Business Training! Learn business essentials from experts in accounting, marketing, information technology, human resources, and more. To apply, go to https://t.co/yCkIH58d44 https://t.co/0fjzpVxuqB
Students at our Truist/MBF Digital Marketing Series! 💻 📲 The workshop teaches small businesses how to digitize in time of COVID-19. For more information on MBF business workshops, please visit https://t.co/nxq2iPxEnX! https://t.co/rhGotdN47R
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of Miami.