MicroloanFor Minority Businesses in the City of Miami
Microloans are available from $2,500 to $10,000.
To be considered for an MBF microloan, your business must be:
- Minority-owned (see loan application);
- Domiciled in the City of Miami, as stated in the organization’s occupational license. (To verify that your company’s address is in the City of Miami, please click here);
- Owned by US Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents only;
- For-profit businesses only. no sole proprietorships;
- Must use funds for working capital, cash flow, inventory, and/or equipment; no construction, built-out or purchase of property;
- Must be in existence for more than six months;
- Credit score 550.
If you are interested in applying for a loan, please fill in the form below to access the downloadable application.
Please be aware of some important details:
- In addition to the completed 8 page-form, the application requires additional documents, which can be found on the checklist on the first page of the application.
- Be sure to carefully review all your answers before submitting. MBF reserves the right to deny the loan application if any answers are untrue or inaccurate.
- To submit your form in person, please visit MBF’s offices, located at 25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 240, Miami, FL 33131.
- To submit your form online, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact the loan department at (786) 703-5767 or email email@example.com.
Here is what some of the loan recipients had to say about the effects of receiving a loan through the MBF:
“The MBF gave me cash flow to expand my dreams.”
“The loan helped me at a critical time during our expansion. Because of the fund from MBF, our daycare is not thriving. This is our 22nd year in business.”
“I never imagined I would receive so much from an organization: training, mentoring, and a loan! Miami Bayside Foundation will always be in my heart since they were the first ones to truly support me.”
To download the application, please fill out the following information:
MBF #SmallBizTips: The CARES Act establishes a new $349 billion Paycheck Protection Program that will provide much-needed relief to small businesses so they can sustain their businesses and keep their workers employed. For more information, go to https://t.co/OFLtM5VO9I.
MBF #SmallBizTips: Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where Facebook operates. This program can help with working capital, rent, and operational costs. https://t.co/y3uO4YcswP.
The @SBA_SouthFL is hosting virtual office hours and webinars to help business owners apply for their Economic Injury Disaster Loan. This webinar will go through the loan application; offer tips and insight into completing an application & what you can expect after applying. https://t.co/XtOo9OwLdY
MBF #SmallBizTips: Adapting to the impact of coronavirus quarantine is critical to survival. Learn from others how they are pivoting and find out about local, state, and federal resources for small businesses such as emergency loans. https://t.co/9FXi8KwGDV https://t.co/6zcq9PUgcU
Make a Donation
By contributing to MBF you have an opportunity to impact job creation, encourage economic development and improve the future of Miami.